Difference between revisions of "Address and Phone"
(Added addresses information.)
Revision as of 10:45, 11 January 2011
Addresses, phone numbers and so forth
TODO: Does this need changing in light of this public-lod thread?
The vCard namespace (usually shortened to the prefix 'v:') provides a general way to describe contact details, which can be applied to both organisations and places.
Note that an organisation's address is where to direct post, whereas that of a place refers to its physical location. Thus, a unit and its primary site may quite legitimately have different addresses.
An address is composed of the following parts to be reconstructed in the given order:
- v:extended-address (e.g. *The Example Building*)
- v:street-address (e.g. *Old Kent Road*)
- v:locality (e.g. *London*)
- v:postal-code (e.g. *EX1 1EX*)
- v:country-name (e.g. *United Kingdom*)
You can omit unwanted parts as necessary.